The Pavilion Theatre opened its doors in central Glasgow on the 29th February, 1904. Described as “pure Louis XV” in style, it was designed by Bertie Crewe for Thomas Barrasford’s expanding chain of British Music Halls. Crewe was also responsible for such theatres as London’s Piccadilly Theatre and the Palace Theatre in Manchester.
In recent years, the Pavilion has firmly maintained its reputation as Glasgow’s number one variety theatre. With a distinctive reverence for tradition and an appetite for the highest quality entertainment, it remains the last stronghold of a long music hall tradition, owing everything to its dedicated staff and patrons.